StudentRoomStay is on a mission to help students of all ages—domestic & international—find a place to call home. Do you want to help us provide AMAZING support to our students, providers and partners?
- Teamwork makes the dream work
- Bring joy to students
- Enjoy the journey
- Operate with Transparency
- Act with integrity
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our college/language school partners. Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with college/language schools, connecting with key school officials and stakeholders and preparing sales reports. Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Customer Service and Product Development departments) to improve the entire customer experience. This position may require occasional travel. If you are familiar with account management software (CRM), have a flair for client communication and understand consumer behavior, we’d like to meet you. Ideally, candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual and team-wide sales quotas. Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our sales team to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long-run.
What will I be doing?
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
What skills do I need?
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page!
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
Bonus skills & attributes
- Previous experience in a fast pace start-up environment
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and potential equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Work Setting & Schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Office and work at home days