StudentRoomStay is on a mission to help students of all ages—domestic & international—find a place to call home. Do you want to help us provide AMAZING support to our students, providers and partners?
- Teamwork makes the dream work
- Bring joy to students
- Enjoy the journey
- Operate with Transparency
- Act with integrity
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a hard-working apartment manager to ensure all building and facilities are clean, safe and well-maintained. The apartment manager's responsibilities include filling vacancies, responding to tenant complaints, collecting rent and managing apartment upkeep. To be a successful apartment manager, you should be organized and have excellent budgeting and interpersonal skills. You should understand landlord-tenant laws, have good communication skills, as well as strong team management skills.
What will I be doing?
- Advertising and showing vacant properties to prospective tenants
- Processing application and leases
- Establishing and enforcing property rules
- Ensuring building and facilities are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Coordinating with maintenance
- Collecting or adjusting rent and security deposits, and keeping track of tenant accounts.
- Investigating complaints and resolving conflicts
- Planning and overseeing renovations, maintenance, repairs, and services.
- Handling clerical and administrative tasks and coordinating filing taxes.
What skills do I need?
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page!
- Experience with property management or leasing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good budgeting and math skills.
- A working knowledge of tenant and employment laws
- Excellent management, negotiation, and planning skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Passion for talking to tenants all day, every day
- A genuine enjoyment of technology
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Great problem-solving abilities
- The ability to rapidly switch gears while retaining focus on the bigger picture
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn and improve upon your own skills
Bonus skills & attributes
- Previous experience in property management and customer service
- An understanding of property leasing
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Setting & Schedule
- First 3 Months of Training in San Luis Obispo then move to Isla Vista, CA