StudentRoomStay is on a mission to help students of all ages—domestic & international—find a place to call home. Do you want to help us provide AMAZING support to our students, providers and partners?
- Teamwork makes the dream work
- Bring joy to students
- Enjoy the journey
- Operate with Transparency
- Act with integrity
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a Head of Finance to supervise all financial tasks of our company and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially.Head of Finance responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
What will I be doing?
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Create department budgets
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions
What skills do I need?
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page!
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
Bonus skills & attributes
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA)
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and potential equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Work Setting & Schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Office and/or hybrid remote