StudentRoomStay is on a mission to help students of all ages—domestic & international—find a place to call home. Do you want to help us provide AMAZING support to our students, providers and partners?
- Teamwork makes the dream work
- Bring joy to students
- Enjoy the journey
- Operate with Transparency
- Act with integrity
What's the opportunity?
If you live and breathe marketing, we need to talk. We’re looking for a flexible and versatile marketer who will be responsible for coordinating our marketing campaigns and managing our marketing resources.Marketing manager responsibilities include tracking and analyzing the performance of all marketing campaigns, managing the marketing budget and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity. To be successful in this role, you should have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects.Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
What will I be doing?
- Create social media content, case studies and newsletters to drive traffic and engagement
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our sales pipeline
- Manage external resources and eventually in-house resources (agencies, freelancers)
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Compose marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc.) to augment the company’s presence in the market
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Communicate directly with clients and facilitate productive relationships with them and their corporate partners
- Prepare and maintain a US marketing plan, budget and calendar of activities
What skills do I need?
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page!
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends) and CRM tools.
- A comprehensive understanding of search engine optimization and website UI principles
- Expertise with Adobe Suite Products (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Illustrator)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords and Facebook Ads campaigns
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- BSc/MSc degree in Marketing or related field
Bonus skills & attributes
- Previous experience in a fast pace start-up environment
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and potential equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Work Setting & Schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Office and work at home days