StudentRoomStay is on a mission to help students of all ages—domestic & international—find a place to call home. Do you want to help us provide AMAZING support to our students, providers and partners?
- Teamwork makes the dream work
- Bring joy to students
- Enjoy the journey
- Operate with Transparency
- Act with integrity
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a Sales and Matching Coordinator (SMC) to join the StudentRoomStay team. As an SMC, you will be responsible for identifying, generating and converting homestay and off campus housing leads for recruited domestic and/or international students across the U.S. This is an opportunity for those who are up for a challenge and want to be part of a competitive team.
If you are a self-motivated individual, have excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a proven track record of success in sales, we encourage you to apply.
What will I be doing?
- Identify, contact, qualify and convert homestay and off campus provider leads
- Ensure provider leads information and availability is up to date, accurate and presentable
- Match recruited students with a safe and preferable homestay or off campus provider to avoid future issues
- Track progress towards targeted matching goals
- Use customer relationship management (CRM) software to manage leads and placement activities
- Stay up to date on the rental and homestay market industry trends throughout the U.S.
What skills do I need?
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page!
- 2-3 years of experience in sales or customer service
- Proficiency in customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with potential clients
- Knowledge of sales techniques and strategies
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- A desire to learn and grow in the sales field
Bonus skills & attributes
- Previous experience in a troubleshooting environment
- An understanding of internet culture
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and potential equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Work Setting & Schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Office and/or hybrid remote